lundi, mars 28, 2005

of easter weekend, relatives, the fact that i can now touch my toes YAAY, insomnia and horny cats...

i had a pretty interesting weekend, i'd say.

i can barely keep my eyes open, but it was interesting.

it all started on friday night, when uncle joe calls from amsterdam and says their plane had issues and wasn't able to take off. they were supposed to meet sunita in the airport, as her flight was supposed to arrive half an hour later than theirs, but they actually didnt get here till almost twenty-four hours later.

so anyway.

on saturday morning after sleeping late, i was woken up by an alarm i didnt set and horny cats. i get up to turn it off, leave the light on in the process, and crawl back into bed thinking my mum was gonna turn it off. a couple of minutes later, i realize that she isnt, and i have to get up again. the cats were wailing, and annoying the hell out of the dogs. i tell myself violence isn't really my kinda thing, and i try to make peace with the situation.

i give up and go to mum's room.

there, the birds are at it.

when you wake up to birds chirping, it's really pretty and beautiful and all that jazz...but when all you wanna do is get back to sleep, it's about the most annoying thing in the world. i then start sneezing cuz mum's room smells of lavender, which my nose evidently doesn't like very much.

i get up and make my way back to my room. the cats are stil at it, and after a while, i get up again.

this time, i walk downstairs, and stand in my kitchen, staring at the locked back-door and wondering what the hell i'm gonna do to shut the cats up.

my mind goes blank, and i walk back up the stairs. i stand in the hall.

on my left i hear the blasted birds who are dead set on waking up the entire world.

on my right i hear the blasted cats who are dead set on keeping the entire world up.

eventually, i settle for my room and fall asleep again.

i wake up and have breakfast with my jet-lagged cousin, whose sleepiness rubs off on me.

later after yoga, i made a discovery.

I CAN TOUCH MY TOES!!!

yes, this is a big deal, cuz before, i couldn't without bending my knees, and this really annoyed me. i was so happy, i could've told the whole world, really. =D

saturday night i watched a fabulous (i don't know how this is spelt and can't be bothered to look it up) episode of QE, gave up trying to read Queen of the Damned (i'll just get the movie), i listened to music, and still sleep eluded me for ages.

sunday i woke up to find another cousin sprawled on my couch with two pillows over his head - quite amusing, really =) , luggage all over my hall, an aunt fast asleep, and my fridge + freezer completely stuffed with everything from cheese to giant easter eggs to rösti to giant legs of lamb. sunday was easter, and we had lunch / a birthday party, then later the bunch of them left for china.

tomorrow is the simple plan concert YAAY i can't wait!!

i need to sleep now *yawns*


song for today - beauty under fire by natalie imbruglia. this song is amazing, and it's got a beautiful video too. i
haven't listened to it for ages and did today thank heaps priya =D

book for today - i just started reading 'love struck' by melanie la'brooy and seriously, it's making me laugh like
nobody's business!! i love it, and i've barely begun!

Aucun commentaire: