dimanche, juillet 12, 2009

breakfast

Ask yourself this - how many times have you taken that meal for granted? We all know it is "the most important meal of the day", but come on. Unless it's the weekend, breakfast for me usually takes less than five minutes and is eaten standing up/getting stuff together for work/on the way to work. On the rare occasion, I take some time to whip up a healthy breakfast smoothie.

Reading this, kinda sorta changed my mind. I so want to take breakfast more seriously. But does that mean getting up earlier? And eating - OATS?! It's not like I have unhealthy things for breakfast anyway. My smoothies are made with frozen strawberries (no added sugar), sugar-free apple juice, a handful of oats (yuck) to slow down the absorption of sugar (or so says the Jamie Oliver book), bananas and natural yogurt. I have toast (okay, fine - it's white bread. bad!) most of the time, sometimes French toast. I'm not reaaaaally fond of breakfast egg-things. I quite like croissants, to put it mildly. Sometimes, I have cereal (coated with honey - bad?)

Hmm. Might have to give this some more thought.

"When you wake up, you have an extraordinary opportunity to put something powerful inside of you that will energize, nourish and sustain your being for the whole day."



Aucun commentaire: